Re: alt F2 in kde does not work

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 00:07:25 -0400
>>When I press alt F2 and enter konsole in the window, nothing happens.
>>The expected behaviour is to start a konsole window. Does anyone know
>>which command/package is responsible for the alt+F2 functionality in
>>KDE?
>
> Is it just konsole that fails to run, or does the problem affect other
> issued commands/programs?

It is the same problem with any other application. For example, I
tried gvim, konqueror, ksysguard and they do not start either.

> If it's just konsole, there may be a konsole running that didn't quit
> cleanly.  Check you system activity for a running konsole (I use
> KSysGuard to check).  If konsole exists, kill it, then try issuing the
> command via alt-f2 again.

No, it is the other way around. Something is wrong with the
application that starts when we press Alt+F2.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog