Re: alt F2 in kde does not work

On 10/20/2016 05:15 AM, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/19/2016 09:07 PM, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

When I press alt F2 and enter konsole in the window, nothing happens.
The expected behaviour is to start a konsole window. Does anyone know
which command/package is responsible for the alt+F2 functionality in
KDE?

Did you try Ctrl+Alt+F2? That's what's always worked for me.

That does not work for here. Ctrl+Alt+F2 takes me to the virtual
console 2. It is a black screen asking for login and password.

thanks
raju

In gtk and kde Alt+F2 brings up the run dialog, it's easier for me to click on the icon from the Start-menu or or Quick-launch, but I'm a point and click guy. I'll shut-up now. :)
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid/Testing - XFCE4 - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda24
Registered Linux User #380263