Re: alt F2 in kde does not work

Hi Brad,
> This sounds much like I experienced too.  I discovered that killing a
> konsole that shut down improperly was the culprit.  I've never got to
> the bottom of it(1) but finding, and killing that konsole, with KSysGuard
> solved the problem.

yeah, ksysguard is one of my favourite tools. It is working, even when kill -9
something does not work. Don't know, how they managed, to be able to do this.
Great tool!

> (1)  Sometimes, konsole crashed on exit, but I'm not 100% sure that this
> was always the case when konsole would not start subsequently(2).

Confirmed. I believe, something is left over, when konsole is not ended
properly. By starting konsole again, I think, these parts are overwritten and
deleted when the next normal ending of konsole was initiated.
> (2)  The problem hasn't occurred here for several months, so I've not
> been able to check.

Also confirmed. I am running debian/testing and konsole is starting well for
months.

Sometimes too often :-) (I suppose, you know about the bug with konsole and
nvidia driver).

Best

Hans