Re: alt F2 in kde does not work

Am Donnerstag, 20. Oktober 2016, 15:15:49 CEST schrieb Brad Rogers:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:42:31 +0200

> Which is exactly what the OP was expecting to happen.  Again, IIUC.
Ok, I understand. Maybe this will help:

I sometimes in the past had had the problem, that konsole did not want to
start. However, it worked, when I started Alt-F2, then started Xterm. Within
xterm I could start konsole, which did not want to start from the icon.

This also got the advantage, that I  saw any error messages and saw what
happened. When this does not show enough information, you can start konsole
with strace (strace konsole). Mostly then konsole started. If it is starting,
then close everything and REBOOT (do not just start kde again, reboot!)

Maybe it is a rights problem? Just do "su -p" and you can start any
application, even graphical apps, as a normal user. Maybe this shows also more
information.

Hope this helps a little bit.

Happy hacking!

Hans