Re: alt F2 in kde does not work

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Frédéric Marchal
<frederic.marchal@wowtechnology.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 October 2016 00:07:25 kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
>> When I press alt F2 and enter konsole in the window, nothing happens.
>> The expected behaviour is to start a konsole window. Does anyone know
>> which command/package is responsible for the alt+F2 functionality in
>> KDE?
>
> Have you checked the global keyboard shortcuts ?
>
> Start the "System Settings". Click on the "Shortcuts and Gestures" icon.
> Select the "Global Keyboard Shortcut" section on the left. In The "Kde
> component" drop down list, select "Run Command Interface". On my KDE, the "Run
> Command" entry is set to Alt+F2.

When I do K button -> "System Settings" there is no "Shortcuts and
Gestures" icon. Even if I search for "Shortcuts and Gestures" in the
search window on the top right of "System Settings" window, nothing
happens. What is the name of the program that runs "System Settings"?
Perhaps we can compare versions of the two between our systems.

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog