Re: Increase font size of GRUB menu?

On Wed 19 Oct 2016 at 09:22:00 -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> It's not _quite_ an 'XY Problem'. The OP hath declared. <grin>
> It may be its first cousin. There is a not explicitly stated solution
> constraint.
> In my case I wish to use default resolution of current driver/monitor
> combination.
> I install to multiple machine/monitor permutations.

From

 https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/gfxmode.html

   The default is ‘auto’, which selects a platform-specific
   default that should look reasonable.

I wonder if your "default" is the same as GRUB's "default". Also,
whatever default resolution you get will affect the perceived font
size, no matter what font face is used.

> My optimal solution will be of the form [*NOT* checked for syntax yet]
>   grub-mkfont -o /boot/grub/fonts/unicode.pf2  -s MYSIZE
> /path/to/Example.ttf

Do you really want to overwrite the system's unicode.pf2?

--
Brian.