Re: veeger is infected ...startx again

Ric Moore composed on 2016-10-17 17:47 (UTC-0400):

Felix Miata wrote:

Did you consider trying with both NVidia and Nouveau purged? Apparently,
development focus has been migrating into the server-integrated
modesetting driver:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ubuntu-Debian-Abandon-Intel-DDX

Thanks! But it seems to be fore Intel based GPU's.

I guess it's not particularly obvious that the focus of the _article_ is on Intel, while the _development_ focus is on all three of the mainstream gpu drivers.

I've been using the modesetting driver on all hardware that it supports in all distros that include server 1.17.0 or newer since before that article was written in July. Jessie's server is 1.16.4, but it does offer the pre-incorporation version as a separate xserver-xorg-video-modesetting .deb that seems to work just as well, as long as it's supported by the gfxchip.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/