Re: printer in Jessie x64 cinnamon

On Mon 17 Oct 2016 at 14:25:49 +0000, Curt wrote:

> On 2016-10-17, e Lpe <m2lepretre@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > "It appears you have a banner page; have you tried navigating with your
> > browser to localhost:631/admin default options/Banners and setting
> > 'Starting banner' and 'Ending banner' to 'none,' if one or both are
> > indeed set to 'classified?'
> >
> > I tried to connect at localhost:631/admin but i can't : connexion failed
> > (on my browser)
>
> Maybe the service isn't running (or something). I'm not familiar with
> systemd.

The service must be running, otherwise 'lpstat -a would say "Bad file
descriptor".

> Perhaps something in this thread might be helpful:

> And this option (as root)?
>
> >> lpadmin -o job-sheets-default=none

lpadmin needs a print queue name to work with:

  lpadmin -p iP4800-series -o job-sheets-default=none

should be more successful. Done as a user with administration privileges
to cups; root or a member of the lpadmin group.