Re: imapsync and Debian

Hi, Henrique.

On 14/10/16 11:38, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Oct 2016, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
>> For the current license, this could make it a candidate for
>> incorporation in the Debian repositories again?

> We don't usually distribute software against upstream wishes.  I suppose
> there are exceptions, but IMHO there aren't any exceendingly good
> reasons to have imapsync as one of them.
>
> I am not going to even bother trying to understand if we can actually
> distribute imapsync in Debian main given its very unusual license:
> http://imapsync.lamiral.info/LICENSE
>
> Besides, it looks like the software is priced extremely fairly.  You pay
> to help its continuing development *once* per lifetime.  If EUR 50 is
> too much, read carefully the section about the price in bitcoins...

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I agree that it is a somewhat strange license. I also understand
that the reasons of the developer are very respectable and perhaps for
that he makes no direct advertising on how to obtain the source code
even though this is possible. It was just a curious question that I made
without intention to limit their income.

Kind regards,
Daniel