Re: imapsync and Debian

On Fri, 14 Oct 2016, Daniel Bareiro wrote:
> For the current license, this could make it a candidate for
> incorporation in the Debian repositories again?

We don't usually distribute software against upstream wishes.  I suppose
there are exceptions, but IMHO there aren't any exceendingly good
reasons to have imapsync as one of them.

I am not going to even bother trying to understand if we can actually
distribute imapsync in Debian main given its very unusual license:
http://imapsync.lamiral.info/LICENSE

Besides, it looks like the software is priced extremely fairly.  You pay
to help its continuing development *once* per lifetime.  If EUR 50 is
too much, read carefully the section about the price in bitcoins...

--
  Henrique Holschuh