Re: cant get to desktop anymore

On Wed, Sep 21, 2016, at 16:32, Stephen Powell wrote:

> I did notice one thing peculiar.  startx output is written to the terminal
> of vt1, of course, even though it's running as a background task.  And I got
> the error message
>
> modprobe: FATAL: Module mach64 not found in directory /lib/modules/xxx
>
> where xxx is the identity of the running kernel.  Strange.  The kernel has
> never had a mach64 module in it, as far as I know.  mach64 is the name
> of the X driver, but there is no kernel module by that name.

One other thing I noticed.  It may or may not be related.  "web" (i.e.
epiphany-browser) is broken.  When I click on the icon for changing settings
(including listing bookmarks), nothing happens.  I switched back to chromium,
which seems to be working fine.

Lovely "upgrade", Debian!

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@fastmail.com>