Re: Decentralized reliable instant messaging?

On Tuesday 30 August 2016 12:33:57 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 August 2016 17:18:10 David Wright wrote:
> > The unreliability of email is also overreported by people
> > whose homework, years earlier, was eaten by their dog.
>
> Years ago I sent a Guaranteed Delivery Letter to our local Council.
> They claimed not to have received it.  As it was very important, I
> followed it up. The area Postmaster, who was tired of being accused of
> not delivering things his staff had delivered, was very co-operative.
>
> With his help, I proved beyond any reasonable doubt that the letter
> was delivered, and delivered on time.
>
> The Council spokesperson said that I had proved that an envelope had
> been delivered to them, but I had not proved that there was anything
> in the envelope.
>
> Lisi

I admire your reserve, for not testing to see how much phosgene gas you
could have gotten out of his Teflon suit by overheating it, with him in
it of course.  Can I assume he did not get your vote the next time he
stood for that council chair...

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)