Re: Decentralized reliable instant messaging?

I think you looking for TOX!
Visit TOX Project website:
https://tox.chat

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 7:19 AM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
I'm looking for a decentralized instant message system (e.g. XMPP, SIP,
...) where I can be sure that I receive all messages, even if I'm not
connected when the message is sent [ Obviously, I'll only receive them
when I'm back online.  ]

IIUC there is some XMPP features that allow such reliable delivery, but
it seems that it's not widely supported by clients.  What Debian
clients, using which protocols, can provide reliable instant messaging?

        Stefan

PS: Bonus points if that feature is also available on an Android
application that's Free Software.