Re: NFS no_root_squash not working (permission denied)

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 05:17:32PM -0400, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> Any suggestions on what I can try to change?  Could you post your jessie
> server's /etc/exports and /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server configs, or at
> least the parts relevant to the working no_root_squash mount?  And any
> other configs that I don't know about....
>
> Which kernel version?  Just in case this is a kernel issue.

Additional information: installing and rebooting into the jessie-backports
kernel (linux-image-4.6.0-0.bpo.1-amd64) did not change anything.
Still permission denied.

I am still open to any and all suggestions.

(To be more precise: on my desktop machine, I returned
/etc/default/nfs-kernel-server to its default state; tried again;
rebooted; tried again; installed the backport kernel, rebooted; tried
again; disabled NFSv4 in /etc/default/n-k-s; restarted nfs-common and
nfs-kernel-server services; tried again.  Everything I have tried so
far has failed with Permission denied.)