Re: The DISPLAY variable.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 11:44:19AM -0700, peter@easthope.ca wrote:
> No luck.  The DVI screen is overlaid on the VGA.  The display is worse.
> I didn't find an error message.  Seems that my revised .xsessionrc is
> syntactically correct.
>
> Is xrandr capable of setting the screen numbers as suggested above.
> If so, a tip will help.  If not, what approach might work?

Yes, xrandr is capable, but you need to spend time with xrandr(1).  I
don't find that very enjoyable, though.  I prefer the package arandr,
which is a small graphical front-end to xrandr, which will write the
proper screen config for you, almost automatically.  Then you can just
copy it to your .xinitrc or whatever.