Re: Icedove crashes after recent update

On 2016-08-08 01:44, Ralph Katz wrote:

On 08/04/2016 03:18 AM, Emile Antonios wrote:
Hello,

I've noticed that over the last few weeks Icedove is crashing.
I've never had a problem with that before. It typically happens
when clicking on or deleting an email. I don't get any error, it
just closes.

I'm running Jessie KDE

same as:

Thanks and regards

Emile

This may be bug 828069  icedove: random crashes after latest security
update

Not applicable to my situation.
I've never had a problem of any sort before, over an install period on this machine of over a year, until this last update.
Now it crashes often.
It's flat out staying up for half an hour.
Sometimes it'll crash before it opens, at other times it will appear to coincide with a mouse event, but nothing consistent. I'm trying to discover something reproducible to report, but aside from the inevitable crashes, there's nothing.
Cheers!

Weaver

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515