Re: Help on investigating partition-related changes

It would depend on a lot things(details that you have not included), but agreed, I don't know of a command or direct way, unless you have a recent backup or copy of the partition tables, you could compare the current sizes to.
To start with : What makes you think it may have been resized ?
What version of Debian ?
As far as "logs" go, I don't know on Debian 8 Jessie,...
How do you think it got resized or shrunk ?

On 2016-08-07 09:35, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Le 07/08/2016 à 14:43, Parsa Hassan Abadi a écrit :

Is there any way to see if a partition has been resized or shrunk? Any log, any
command, anything??

AFAIK there is no direct way.

The only idea which comes into my mind is to examine the contents
(e.g. filesystem) metadata of the partition. If the size recorded in
the metadata does not match the size of the partition, it may have
been resized. Even if the contents has been resized too, some metadata
may not have been updated to reflect the new size. For instance, the
number of inodes in an ext2/3/4 filesystem is fixed at the creation
and does not change when the filesystem is resized. So, assuming the
filesystem was created with the default values you can compare the
output of e2mkfs in simulation mode and the output of tune2fs -l.

--
¿Cómo no romper Debian :(Don'tBreakDebian)
https://wiki.debian.org/es/DontBreakDebian