Re: IceWeasel (Firefox) Update?

I have added:

debhttp://mozilla.debian.net/  jessie-backports firefox-release

to my sources.list and installed firefox. Well and good. I have version 47.0.1. I assume that we will catch up with Mozilla and get 48.0 soon.

My actual question, though, is this: Has anything been said about when, or if, the Mozilla team will be doing the same for Thunderbird? I have my box set up to very easily update both Firefox and Thunderbird direct from the Mozilla site. One click on a bookmark and running one script for each of them. If I still have to get Thunderbird manually then it is really not that much more effort to upgrade Firefox directly, as well.

Marc