Re: nosh and redo have moved

On Friday 05 August 2016 13:52:54 Andre Majorel wrote:

> On 2016-08-05 11:40 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > So far, no links have included what I'd call a blow by blow, which
> > resulted in his projects being moved.
>
> It's not in any of the links in his message but in
>
> https://jdebp.eu/about-the-site.html
>
> In a nutshell, Virgin Media shut http://homepage.ntlworld.com/
> down without warning.

Luverly, just luverly I say. That sort of thing has been known to cause
me to give away a piece of my mind I could spare. Obviously he had local
backups, thanks to one of our many such insurance programs. I use amanda
here, with some wrapper scripts I wrote.  Works right well, backing up
all 4 machines in the middle of the night.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)