only one user with access to vt consoles in multiseat set ups ...

 I would like to know the reason for the following note:
~
 https://wiki.debian.org/Multi_Seat_Debian_HOWTO

 NOTE: Only the user on the first monitor has the use of vt consoles
and can use Ctrl+Alt+F<x> to select them. The other users have a gdm
login screen and can use X normally, but have no vt's.
~
 I teach java and at times I need for my students to have access to the console

 Is this because of the graphical interface being used? Kernel config issues?

 lbrtchx
 debian-user