Re: Chromium jumps to any workspace it likes.......

Hi,

John Hasler wrote:
> There may be no such thing as a "right name" but there is such a thing
> as a correct name in a technical discussion.

Reading The Funderful Manual:

  Fvwm provides both, a large virtual desktop and multiple disjoint
  desktops which can be used separately or together.  The virtual desktop
  allows you to pretend that your video screen is really quite large, and
  you can scroll around within the desktop.  The multiple disjoint
  desktops allow you to pretend that you really have several screens to
  work at, but each screen is completely unrelated to the others.

  [...]

  The screen is a viewport onto a desktop which may be larger than the
  screen. [...]
  each desktop can be larger than the physical screen, divided into m by n
  pages which are each the size of the physical screen [...]

I understand that the New Revised debian-user Terminology translates

  Workspace = Virtual desktop (one of multiple disjoint desktops)

  Viewport = Page of a virtual desktop (actually one can let the screen
             show neighboring parts of four pages)

I own a single 4x2 pages sized workspace. In most cases i use stickiness
and pager rather than dragging windows from page to page.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas