Re: Chromium jumps to any workspace it likes.......

On Thursday 04 August 2016 16:26:25 John Hasler wrote:
> Lisi writes:
> > There is no such thing as a "right name".
>
> There may be no such thing as a "right name" but there is such a thing
> as a correct name in a technical discussion.  It's easier for everyone
> if we all use the definitions chosen by the authors of the software
> (though I admit that even they are not always consistent).

And the authors of the software (DE) I use, use the term desktop, and have
done for many years - I have been using them for twelve - , which  you are
correcting, for what you appear to be calling "viewports and desktops".
My "desktops" appear to be both. :-/  Incidentally, I can have 20 if I want.
(I currently have six).

I accept, since he has done himself, that the OP "misused" workspace, but at
the point I responded to his query that was not evident.

Moreover, workspace in that meaning is sanctified by Wikipedia, so a good many
people use it.

Lisi