Re: Chromium jumps to any workspace it likes.......

On Thursday 04 August 2016 14:02:45 Charlie wrote:
> All wisdom is rooted in learning to call things by the right name. When
> things are properly identified, they fall into natural categories and
> understanding becomes orderly.

Provided that everyone agrees on what the names mean.  In this case, as
frequently, there is considerable disagreement on what the names mean.

I once got an email asking me to check the check and check the list if it was
correct.  Ouch!!  Now let me put that into "proper" (now there is another
term we could argue about) English, as I eventually managed to do:

He wanted me to check the cheque, and tick the list if it was correct.

I will now go and put my trunk in the boot of my car, check the oil under the
bonnet, and make sure that I have got enough petrol.

(Translation for those who need it):
I will go put my large strong steel-bound canvas-covered wooden box in the
trunk of my automobile, check the oil under the hood and make sure that I
have enough gas.  (Translation not perfect - it is nearly 65 years since I
did sixth grade)

There is no such thing as a "right name".  Sorry, Confucius. ;-)

Lisi