Re: Chromium jumps to any workspace it likes.......

On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 09:56:25 +0100 Lisi Reisz sent:

> On Wednesday 03 August 2016 02:10:46 Charlie wrote:
> > Has anyone discovered this problem and found a way to stop this
> > happening? Please share.
>
> Can only offer fellow-feeling.  Most annoying.  It is of recent
> arrival here (Debian Jessie, 8.5, Google Chrome 52.0.2743.82
> (64-bit)), and although I have found a pattern - first window opened
> opens in workspace in which it was last running, second (and
> subsequent) window(s) opened separately open(s) in workspace selected
> - I have not found how to avoid it.  I fear that it is another Google
> "feature".
>
> I suspect it may have something to do with the arrival of workspaces
> in Windows 10.
>
> Lisi

	After contemplation, my reply is:

Sorry to read that your system is similarly afflicted. After a reboot
Chromuim settled down here. Chromium has been really good for so long.
But that could just be famous last words.

I only use it and Iceweasel, but now with the Iceweasel/Firefox
transition, which also has become a liability. Epiphany is my new
browser of choice in place of firefox-esr because of these bugs:

grave bugs of firefox-esr (→ 45.2.0esr-1) <Outstanding>

b1 - #828159 - firefox-esr: session tabs lost after upgrade from
iceweasel to firefox-esr serious bugs of firefox-esr (→ 45.2.0esr-1)
<Outstanding>

b2 - #827395 - firefox-esr: Firefox-esr privacy invading
defaults load beacons on 1st run serious bugs of firefox-esr (→
45.2.0esr-1) <Forwarded>

b3 - #822715 - firefox-esr: FTBFS with GCC 6:
'malloc' was not declared in this scope

So will leave it without installing again for a while.

Not a huge inconvenience. Just thought an answer might be out there.

Stay well,
Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	No object is mysterious. The mystery is in your eye.
	--Elizabeth Bowen

	Debian GNU/Linux - Magic indeed.