Re: off topic Question of the day..

On Saturday 16 July 2016 14:49:30 Curt wrote:
> On 2016-07-16, John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:
> > Lisi writes:
> >> Not quite accurate...
> >
> > An accurate summary, the point being that it was not a change in
> > conversion factor, it was a change in definition.
>
> She was putting her foot down, but it went into her mouth.

Very witty, but also inaccurate.  My foot was not in my mouth.  The definition
and the conversion factor both changed in 1959 when the yard was standardised
in terms of the metre.  And, of course, redefined in 1960 and 1983 when the
metre itself was redefined, since the yard is now defined in terms of the
metre.

Lisi