Re: off topic Question of the day..

Doug wrote on 07/10/2016 10:22 PM:

I've seen several places where this definition is shown, so it must be correct.
If you Google
for paper weight, there will be at least one site that mentions paper weight in
pounds and
also in grams / cm-squared, which may make sense to the Europeans reading this but
   that would be square-cm.
not to me!

I'm with you!

Personally, I have never seen a sensible justification for switching from one arbitrary measurement system (foot, pound, quart) to another arbitrary measurement system (meter, gram, liter).

BTW: one inch now equals 2.54 cm *exactly*, in case you haven't been keeping up! (Used to be approx 2.54 cm.) This is what I mean by arbitrary. Don't like the conversion ratio? Then just change it!