Re: epson L210 scan

On 2016-07-13, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> I too didn't look at it and didn't try it. It would be unjust to judge
> it without doing either.
>
> What does gdebi give that 'dpkg -i ....' doesn't? A gui interface?

 DESCRIPTION
   gdebi  lets  you  install local deb packages resolving and
   installing its dependencies. apt does the same, but only
   for remote (http, ftp) located packages.

I don't believe 'dpkg -i' resolves and installs dependencies, does it?

Actually, I've never used gdebi, but I might in the future if the use case
comes up.

--
Même l’avenir n’est plus ce qu’il était.
Paul Valéry