Re: reasons to ditch LILO before upgrading to jessie?

Brian composed on 2016-07-09 21:00 (UTC+0100):

...the installer inexplicably offers a choice between
GRUB and LILO. The installer manual is unhelpful on which to choose. A
newcomer wouldn't have a clue. We do them no service with this retrograde
offering. Get rid of it.

Probably a Bad idea. Apparently there are RAID and/or LVM configurations that are incompatible with booting via an inappropriate choice of bootloader. Details I cannot provide, as I use both RAID and Grub2 little, Lilo and LVM not at al, and don't remember of which I've repeatedly read in various help forums.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/