Re: reasons to ditch LILO before upgrading to jessie?

Stephen Powell composed on 2016-07-09 08:58 (UTC-0400):

As for features, LILO has all the features that I need.

One feature it never acquired AFAIK, which Grub shares with Syslinux, is the ability to edit the kernel cmdline at boot time, before kernel load. With problematic hardware, problematic BIOS, and pre-release kernel and distro versions, that ability is a big troubleshooting convenience. It's one of the features that facilitated my decision to migrate from OS/2 to Linux as primary OS.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/