Re: off topic Question of the day..

On Friday 08 July 2016 21:35:30 Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings all;
>
> I bought, about a month ago, a big Brother MFC, proclaimed that it
> could do 11x17 prints when single sheet fed from the slot in the rear.
>
> Its a Brother MFC-J6920DW.
> So having a rockhopper output file that has been exported as a pdf by
> inkscape, I ordered up a ream of 11x17 28lb paper from wallies.
>
> But I'll be switched if I can find a setting anyplace that will make
> it use a sheet of it fed thru the rear slot/door.
>
> Anybody here got the magic incantation to keep it from shrinking the
> image to unusability on the paper in the two front trays?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Call in the St. Bernards, I found it. With the pdf loaded into evince I
was able to set "current page" in its printer dialog, then it called the
system gizmo, and on the 2nd tab was a paper selection pulldown that had
the 11x17 selection available. And darned if it didn't work!  Biggest
problem was getting the paper started straight enough.  Very poor and
downright flimsy guidance hardware for the rear big sheet/odd size input
port.

Job done and now I know how. ;-)

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)