Re: KRDC interprets Period as Delete

On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
On Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Kent West <westk@acu.edu> wrote:

Whenever I use KRDC to remote to a Macintosh (El Capitan), and open a Terminal window on the Mac, and edit a file with nano, a press of the period key on my local keyboard results in a deletion (not backspace) of the current character.

I just realized that the numeric keypad on my Debian box has a period and a delete function on the same key. Apparently nano/Terminal/El Capitan/KRDC is confusing my two period keys as that delete key, maybe?

I could find no combination (using Shift, or Ctrl, or NumLock, or ScrollLock, etc) that would turn either key into a period key.

--
Kent West                    <")))><