KRDC interprets Period as Delete

Debian unstable
kernel = 4.6.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.6.2-1 (2016-06-15) x86_64 GNU/Linux
KDE Frameworks 5.23.0
QT 5.6.1

Whenever I use KRDC to remote to a Macintosh (El Capitan), and open a Terminal window on the Mac, and edit a file with nano, a press of the period key on my local keyboard results in a deletion (not backspace) of the current character.

nano directly at the El Capitan Mac does not do this.
This problem does not seem to exhibit on other Mac apps, not even at the command line in Terminal, but only in nano in the Terminal.

I don't know if this is a bug in nano, in Terminal, in El Capitan, in KDRC, in Debian ....

Not sure where to go from here, and may just have to settle for work-arounds, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to hearing them.

Thanks!

--
Kent West                    <")))><