Re: reasons to ditch LILO before upgrading to jessie?

Stephen Powell composed on 2016-07-07 20:30 (UTC-0400):

If your system has a BIOS and a traditional DOS-style partition table,
there's no reason not to use LILO, unless you just don't want to.

Or, if you like to be able to boot without hunting down rescue media even though you forgot to "rerun" some configuration utility after a kernel upgrade. Once you understand how Grub's shell works, which includes command history and tab completion much the same as *ash, it is simple (maybe not so much in Grub2, which I don't use, as in Grub, which accounts for about 97% of my bootloader installations). Grub's shell has built-in help. With Grub, there's no reason to be scared when an expected boot menu doesn't show up.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/