Re: Turn on Echo in Terminal

On Thu 07 Jul 2016 at 16:27:41 (+0000), Shelly Love wrote:
> Commands I type in the terminal don't show, although the results occur.
> So if I type "ls" I don't see "ls" but the directory listing is shown.
> How do I enable?
> I have tried
> stty echo
> and reset and this hasn't worked.

It might help to know:
Which terminal (a VC in the absence of X, an xterm, a VC while X is running...),
Did this happen right away with logging in,
How did you eventually recover (assuming you have),
What were you doing immediately before it happened.

As you can see from the references you gave, the reasons might
be more obvious once these factors are revealed.

(Note that reset can only work if typed at the shell prompt, not if
you're stuck inside some application.)

Cheers,
David.