Re: Browser Flakiness under Jessie -- Why?

On Thu, Jul 07, 2016 at 02:33:48PM +0200, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:

> Since you used iceweasel/firefox over several releases, it may be a
> problem with your profile folder which probably is located in your
> HOME folder in ~/.mozilla .

Because I found my iceweasel had crashed just as I read this message, I
could not help but add to the discussion. My iceweasel was working OK
just before leaving on a trip for three days. When I got back last
night, iceweasel had crashed. When I tried to restart it, it wanted to
restore a tab for a non-existent local file and so failed to rebuild all
my pinned and unpinned tabs. When I tried to remove the offending link
from the restoration list, iceweasel restored only the first three tabs.

The fix was easy: simply copied over ~/.mozilla from a recent backup and
restarted iceweasel.

I'm still running Wheezy but I've noticed more freezes and crashes with
iceweasel under Wheezy. I'm upgrading to Jessie, but Conkeror will have
to be my primary browser. However, not sure I can get Conkeror to use
Firefox's pdfcrowd.com service to save html as PDF, which I need.

Haines Brown