Re: Bash command completion

> On Jul 6, 2016, at 10:38 PM, Peter Ludikovsky <peter@ludikovsky.name> wrote:
>
> After an chsh, you have to log out & in again.

I thought of that -- I logged out and back in, no joy. I rebooted, same thing.

I wasn't too surprised. I assumed that rebooting the machine would just put stuff back the way it was. And that the problem was with the scripts in the user directories.

That wasn't it, and I was working on the wrong things. Lisi's insight led me to this afternoon's solution. And deloptes came up with another very interesting thought (which I haven't investigated yet).

Does chsh change things for good -- in passwd or in a shell var or a link? I thought it just started a shell, as if it was just starting a new program.

--
Glenn English