Re: How do you exit from Vi mode in Kate?

On 07/04/2016 08:51 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
There seems to be a combination of keystrokes that I accidentally hit
from time to time that puts me into Vi mode. Now I've nothing against Vi
but if I wanted to use it, I have the real thing (well Vim anyway) at
the command prompt. Unfortunately once in it, I can't figure out how to
get out of it short of exiting Kate.

Any suggestions?

From google;
To quit the vi editor without saving any changes you've made:

If you are currently in insert or append mode, press Esc.
Press : (colon). The cursor should reappear at the lower left corner of the screen beside a colon prompt.
Enter the following:q!
--
Jimmy Johnson

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS - AMD64 - EXT4 at sda22
Registered Linux User #380263