Re: Laptop wireless problem - very slight tangent

Lisi Reisz wrote:

> MIne (or rather, my client's) isn't doing now.  We have proved that it can
> work.  But I still can't restart the laptop and find that wireless is
> working.  I still have to fiddle, and then fiddle some more.  And there is
> still a dns problem that I still haven't solved. (NM still isn't setting
> it properly).  Perhaps I should go back to wicd - but that wasn't working.
> :-(
>
> I wonder whether it would be worth using a different kernel.  I hadn't
> thought of that.  I think that there is a kernel upgrade in the wings.
> Next thing to investigate anyway.

I don't think it is a kernel issue.

Check
ls -al /etc/resolv.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Jul  5
17:50 /etc/resolv.conf -> /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf

some times it is created as local file. IF so remove/move it in tmp and run

dhclient <interface>

The network manager (or wicd) should do this for you anyway.

regards