Re: Guygyyiy g the same time I see you e

On Monday 04 July 2016 23:14:49 Glenn Holmer wrote:
> On 07/04/2016 04:52 PM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > On Monday 04 July 2016 20:40:07 Glenn Holmer wrote:
> >> Is it sensible to blame spam on the list subscribers?
> >
> > Who is doing so??
> >
> >> I'm on lists for
> >> several distros, and none of them have as much as there is here. It's
> >> also not sensible to suggest that it's because other lists are losing
> >> valid messages due to false positives, as you did earlier.
> >
> > Where and when did I so complain?  I don't recall even thinking it, let
> > alone writing it.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/06/msg00239.html

That is not remotely a complaint.   But it is a potential explanation.  I
simply don't know.  I'm not complaining.  But it is a fact that it is
difficult to get the balance between false positives and letting too many
through.  I suggested then as I suggest now that repeating spam, as the
earlier poster had done,  makes the job of the spam filters harder.

I run my own spam filter as well.  I get very little spam.