Re: Laptop wireless problem - very slight tangent

On Monday 04 July 2016 19:58:15 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 04 July 2016 17:21:29 deloptes wrote:
> > Perhaps you can try with a live ubuntu just to see if it works
>
> I tried.  A screen full of coloured squiggly lines.  I tried ctrl-alt F2.
> Got a blank screen with a small horizontal flashing cursor and nothing
> else. Tried ctrl-alt F7, ctrl-alt F8.  Still that small flashing horizontal
> cursor.
>
> I think Brian's test was pretty conclusive.
>
> Lisi

Wow!!!  It just hadn't finished loading.

I went away for three HOURS and have come back to find that Ubuntu-Mate has
just about finished loading - not quite.  But "not quite" might take several
hours more.  I don't intend to hang around to see if it ever finishes.  I
shall just turn it off and run Brian's CLI test again, just for the sake of
my learning how to do the test.

Ubuntu nowadays just isn't useful as a live medium.

Lisi