Re: Totally non-functioning wifi card- starting again completely was: Re: Laptop wireless problem

On Mon 04 Jul 2016 at 18:30:47 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> root@debian-wheezy:/home/sarah# wpa-cli
> bash: wpa-cli: command not found

Do you think I would deliberately give a command which does not exist?
Try using a bit of common or garden. It's a typo.

[...Snip...]

> Selected interface 'wlan0'

Fine.

> Interactive mode
>
> <3>CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS
> > add_network
> 0

Ok.

> <3>CTRL-EVENT-SCAN-RESULTS
> > set_network 0 ssid NETGEAR08
> FAIL

Look at what I typed. I was particularly careful at this point and
nearly warned about leaving things out.

> I'm stuck.  Or out of my depth.  Or drowning.  Or all three. :-(  But there
> seesm ot be a problem with my SSID  Not set by me - perhaps I should change

There is no problem with your SSID.