Re: Laptop wireless problem - very slight tangent

On 7/3/16, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lisi Reisz wrote:
>
>> I have discovered something I find interesting in this, which does not
>> seem to be directly in reply to anything that has gone before - so it was
>> difficult
>> to place it in the thread.  I have deliberately broken the
>> "conversation",
>> but not the thread.
>>
>> From the router's log:  Every time I try (once) to connect to the router
>> from the laptop with wicd, using the Intel card, it makes two attempts to
>> connect
>> and the router ALLOWS both.  So why, when it is allowed to connect, does
>> it
>> not do so???  I have checked this out specifically. :-/
>
> I assume you have not changed passwords on the access point recently.
> What could be an issue is that wicd can not access the password stored
> locally or have some other issue. I would look into this direction. perhaps
> you can run it with debug enabled and see where it fails. It could be also
> that your wpa_supplicant has issue(s).
> What I also think you should do, is change the name from eth1 to wlan0 if
> using jessie.

I've still been battling trying to get my wifi up and running, too.
This post triggered the memory that neither of those applies to my
setup anymore. Somewhere thankfully early on, I discovered mine is
"wlp2s0" on Sid Unstable.

Command line's "iwconfig" as root is how I determined that. There is a
reasonable rationale out there as to why it became that, but that
escapes me just this second. It was about it being wireless and the
tailend of it represented its... [residency] somehow.

The "p" and the "s" stood for something recognizable to me, and the
two numerical digits were its location at those... somethings. I just
tried a quick search and didn't find it. Figured someone might
recognize it if I go ahead and post anyway. :)

Throwing it out there in case someone stumbles upon this thread, and
the others don't apply.

PS enp1s0 is now my other one, as well.

Cindy :)

--