Re: Laptop wireless problem - very slight tangent

Lisi Reisz wrote:

> I have discovered something I find interesting in this, which does not
> seem to be directly in reply to anything that has gone before - so it was
> difficult
> to place it in the thread.  I have deliberately broken the "conversation",
> but not the thread.
>
> From the router's log:  Every time I try (once) to connect to the router
> from the laptop with wicd, using the Intel card, it makes two attempts to
> connect
> and the router ALLOWS both.  So why, when it is allowed to connect, does
> it
> not do so???  I have checked this out specifically. :-/
>
> Lisi

I assume you have not changed passwords on the access point recently.
What could be an issue is that wicd can not access the password stored
locally or have some other issue. I would look into this direction. perhaps
you can run it with debug enabled and see where it fails. It could be also
that your wpa_supplicant has issue(s).
What I also think you should do, is change the name from eth1 to wlan0 if
using jessie.

regards