Re: Laptop wireless problem

Lisi Reisz wrote:

> root@debian-wheezy:~# dmesg | grep wifi
> [ 13.615263] rtl8192cu: Loading firmware rtlwifi/rtl8192cufw_TMSC.bin
> [ 13.615316] usb 1-1: firmware: failed to load
> [ rtlwifi/rtl8192cufw_TMSC.bin
> (-2)
> [ 13.634110] usb 1-1: firmware: failed to load rtlwifi/rtl8192cufw.bin
> [ (-2) 13.638303] rtlwifi: Loading alternative firmware
> [ rtlwifi/rtl8192cufw.bin

from what you posted it seems the intel is working and the rtl/usb is not
working. look around this dmesg to find out why - probably as stated before
you need another firmware.

the next thing is get the udev rules right. check via MAC address. if your
intel card has 00:16:6f:00:3a:b3 I did not see it in your udev rules file.
I even think this was mentioned in the upgrade howto

now what I don't understand is can you use your intel/build in. you also did
not post the intel dmesg firmware loading lines, but i assume if you see
networks it would be fine.

to use networkmanager or wicd remove all the configs from your /etc/network
whatever files. perhaps double check with the upgrade howto and the docs
for the manager.

regards