Re: Laptop wireless problem

Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Saturday 02 July 2016 17:02:03 Lisi Reisz wrote:
>> > In case it's really Intel, is the package firmware-iwlwifi installed?
>>
>> It wasn't.  Is now in the process of installing.  Odd.  It has been
>> working for several years and stopped suddenly late on Friday afternoon.
>> But I had been upgrading and various things, so....
>
> That package hasn't made any noticeable difference.
>
> Lisi

You need to make sure that both adapters have the proper firmware.
I didn't see the lines from dmesg
The next thing I would try is.
Disable the intel from bios and try with the USB only - does USB adapter
work?
Enable intel again and remove the USB - does intel adapter work?
Enable both - do they work?

Strange that rfkill is showing only 1 adapter.
This might be also a wheezy udev naming issue.

# grep wlan -r /etc/udev/
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules:#ATTR{type}=="1", KERNEL=="wlan*",
NAME="wlan0"

check on your side. In wheezy they are normal eth* names, but you would see
the MAC in the previous line there.

regards