Re: catastrophe - but how? Aptitude goes mad

On Friday 01 July 2016 03:44:01 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 01, 2016 at 09:42:09AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > And I have paid tribute to the (in the man/info pages) unnamed
> > authors (but one can find out [1]) who gave me such a little jewel.
>
> Eh, sorry. Forgot
>
> [1] <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grep.git/tree/AUTHORS>
>
> -- t
The grep I know and first used was a translation to os9 from the AT&T 3b2
version, but its been static for circa 30 years now so I expect some of
the speedups our current version has have not been incorporated.
Running on a moto 6809 its understandably slow since the cpu clock is
1.79 mhz, and I expect a redo might be in order. But I doubt it will
happen.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)