Re: Big dummy at work again

On Sunday 12 June 2016 06:02:34 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Sunday 12 June 2016 07:02:45 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Basically, when you back up
>
> What does "back up" mean in this context?  (Remember that pond, Gene -
> or is this Gene-speak or my aphasia???)

The small one yes, the Titanic is on the bottom of it. :)

When deep in a submenu, and you select something in a higher level of its
menus, the old stuff is left on-screen, obscuring stuff you might want
to click on next. And if its a simple change in the env var for TERM,
how do I make that match what I am using in real life. aptitude, while
on this system, is not in the menu's so it has to be run from a
terminal.  And apparently it has an intense dislike for my default
terminal choice.

Cheers Lisi, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)