Re: Annoying pop-up window

On Sun, 2016-04-10 at 12:50 -0400, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> Whenever I plug in a USB drive, camera or Kindle I get a pop-up window
> advising me that "Removable medium is inserted, select action...
>
> Given that I will open the medium from Pcmanfm, which is always open
> on one desktop, this is an annoyance/waste of time and clicks.
>
> Is there a way to prevent the window from popping up ?

pcmanfm has settings for Volume Management (see 'Preferences' on the
'Edit' menu). One of the options for removable media is for it to ask
what to do when removable media is inserted, perhaps you have that
option set?

It might also help people to help you if you said which desktop
environment you are using. Other people who've replied seem to be
talking about XFCE but I don't see that you said that is what you are
using.

--
Tixy