Re: New Weather Protocol?

On Sunday 10 April 2016 19:06:46 Andrew McGlashan wrote:
> On 10/04/2016 5:51 PM, David Baron wrote:
> > Non of my weather widgets work any longer. OK, Yahoo changed their API,
> > but
> > the updated widget still does not work. Neither does open weathermap?
> >
> > So ... is there something new I must enable in the firewall??
>
> Does this help?
>
> http://wttr.in/tlv

This site displays fine, great ascii art like I used to enjoy. Had animated
games doing stuff like this.

However, does not answer the question, why connect and transfer of information
to plasma widgets of Yahoo weather and openweathermap seems blocked.
Apparently (maybe I am wrong, 'tis something else) these are not using
straightup http protocols any longer.