Re: New Weather Protocol?

On Sunday 10 April 2016 03:51:31 David Baron wrote:

> Non of my weather widgets work any longer. OK, Yahoo changed their
> API, but the updated widget still does not work. Neither does open
> weathermap?
>
> So ... is there something new I must enable in the firewall??

I should probably point out that gkrellm's weather gizmo fetches that
info from the net site it is configured to get it from, in my case the
north central regional airport server 20 miles NE of me, at 15 minute
intervals.  And it does so simply by my entering the "call letters" of
the airport, in my case KCKB in the config screen.  That hasn't changed
in decades.  And that locks out any lockin that other commercial
services try to do so they can charge yti for the service.

If I hover the mouse over the temp display, I get a full report, same as
the pilots do, as a popup.  Whats not to like?  Get your nearest
stations call sign at

<http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/siteloc.shtml>

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)